DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR ADVANCING EDUCATION? DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF A GROWING ORGANIZATION MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN ROCKINGHAM COUNTY?
ROCKINGHAM COUNTY EDUCATION FOUNDATION IS SEEKING A SKILLED, WELL ORGANIZED PERSON TO WORK 10 - 15 hours per week on a flexible schedule.
We believe that every resident in Rockingham County deserves the opportunity to learn; every child has access to a quality education; and every student has access to career and college opportunities for lifelong learning.
The Program Assistant serves as a key team member with the Executive Director and ensures that vital administrative and programmatic duties are managed with skill to keep the organization moving in the right direction.
The successful candidate will bring the following technical capabilities to the table:
· Computer and telephone system proficiency
· Office administration
· Report, memo, invoice, and correspondence creation
· Scheduling and calendar management
· Filing system creation and maintenance (electronic and physical)
In order to excel in this position, the candidate will possess the following soft skills:
· Excellent communication (written and verbal)
· High degree of organization
· Efficient time management
· Emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
· Ability to FOCUS
· Strong attention-to-detail
· Good judgment
Preferred Education and Experience
· Associate Degree or higher
· 2 years of nonprofit and/or admiNISTRATIVE Experience
· Knowledge of appropriate software
· Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
This is an hourly position commensurate with experience. Mileage is reimbursed at the current Federal rate.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, RCEF staff are working remotely. A computer, printer, telephone and office supplies will be provided.
RCEF is an equal opportunity employer. Position is open until filled. Please send resume and cover letter to