Big Opportunity for your Tiny Tot in Rockingham County
Is your child 4 years-old or turning 4 by August 21? They could be eligible for free Pre-K thanks to the good folks at the Rockingham County Partnership for Children.
I’ll give you five reasons why you should be all over this opportunity for your little one.
1. Children who attend a high-quality preschool program are better prepared for kindergarten than those who do not.
2. Is your little one a bundle of energy? In Pre-K, they will play and express themselves through arts and crafts, music and movement.
3. Pre-K teachers are caring educators who will guide your child through challenges in a nurturing environment. These teachers know how to intervene in age-appropriate ways that help solve problems at this level.
4. If sharing is, ahem, a challenge for your little one, then playing with others is a great way to learn how to share, interact with others and take turns. It will also help your child be a good sport if they're practicing being part of the bigger picture. That’s a great life-long skill.
5. Best of all, preschool is a blast for your little one and a time when they're learning so much about themselves and their environment.
Don’t hesitate to sign up. You don’t have to pay any money. You can change your mind later if you want to. (No obligation!) Let’s get you started by clicking this link: http://rockinghamkids.org/nc-prek-program
Applications can be mailed too! Just call (336) 342-9676, and Rockingham Partnership for Children staff will get one right out to you.
You have nothing to lose, and your child has everything to gain.